"They had style, they had grace, Rita Hayworth gave good face"

Effortlessly polished, put together, glossy and fresh faced. How to give "good face" when you don't feel like it, want to or have time to!

Monday, June 7, 2010

The WORST kind of bags!




I looove purses and bags! I even appreciate the kinds I won't wear. Which girly-girl wouldn't, right? The bags that won't go with anything, in fact make you look worse are the ones under your eyes. Does anyone get enough sleep nowadays? I suppose if you're under the age of 15. Dark circles and lines are the baggage that come along with those bags under your eyes. Beauty companies make zillions of dollars off us because people will do anything and try everything to get rid of them! Here are some products that have worked/not worked for me.

1. Soap and Glory's Eye Moisturizer called "Super Eyes, Super Eyes." It says it has "swift lift technology" (aka caffeine). It runs about $12 at Target. It's a gel that's supposed to minimize bags and brighten your under eye area. I like it. I noticed a difference within a few minutes. Do I still use concealer? Yes.

2. MAC's Fast Response Eye Cream. This was recommended by a make-up artist at work and highly touted (of course) by the chick at the MAC store. Cost? $28. Yeah, it was sooo not worth it. I noticed nothing. Thank goodness I didn't pay full price. I've heard from other friends who've tried it, nada as well.

3. Garnier Eye Roll-On stick. I haven't tried this myself but have a co-worker who really likes it. Also reasonably priced and can find it in any good drug store or Target. I may try this one at some point but am happy with Soap and Glory.

4. Preparation H. Yes, people! The beauty queen secret to puffiness WORKS. For major, major bags, I use this. Was I embarrassed to buy it? Well, it was for the greater good, so I got over it. The trick here is to put it on long before you have to leave the house. Throw down a layer, wait 20 minutes or so. then wipe most of it off. I mean, it's ointment below your eyes...it's shiny and sticky. But it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment