"They had style, they had grace, Rita Hayworth gave good face"

Effortlessly polished, put together, glossy and fresh faced. How to give "good face" when you don't feel like it, want to or have time to!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Grease and Paint to make your EYES pop?


I bought my first make-up kit in 7th grade.  I was a voracious reader of "Teen Magazine".  Slipped inside the back was a small advertisement for a small, black, plastic case filled with 20+ eye shadow colors - ALL for $1.95!  Hey, I couldn't lose!  So, I carefully filled out my information, sent in my two dollars and waited the mandatory 4-6 weeks.  I was so excited when I saw that package. I ripped it open and oohed and ahhed over all the wonderful colors.  Sparkly, glittery, pinks, greens and purples.  Colors that had NO business being on an asian girl..but perfect for the 80's.  I didn't care.  Let's just say I looked like a freak show for at least the next two years.  :)  The hair did NOT help.

Fast forward a decade or so and I've gotten a little better at choosing more natural, complementary colors for my face.(aka boooring)  Recently, I decided to go back to that shiny time in my life and try again.  I couldn't resist as I saw it all laid out before me at the counter.  Meet MAC's Greasepaint sticks!  They're eyeliners that come in 8 colors.  Mostly basics, but I bought a purple (Charred Mauve) and a blue (Uniformly Blue), along with a gold-ish Brown color (Below Ground).  Oh, and (Brown Now) a reddish-brown and of course, Black.  I couldn't resist!

Here's why they totally rock.  They're super soft, glide on smooth, basically like Kohl...and (wait for it)...you never have to sharpen them!  Just twist.  And the color is intense...all the colors have a hint of glitter in them.  Like GREASE and PAINT, get it? :)  They're also jumbo sized if you can tell at all by the picture.  All of this means that if you don't have a ton of time, just do a couple of swipes, smudge and voila!  Did I mention it's super soft?  It's great for smokey eyes, so if you want a more defined line, this may not be for you.  And if you layer eye shadow on top, it's set.  For the past two weeks, I've been sporting the purple and blue....to work :)  

Each Greasepaint stick will set you back $17.50.  Thank goodness for my MAC discount!  A less expensive alternative, is Rimmel Kohl eyeliner for a fraction of the cost at around 3 bucks.  I love it too, but man, I h-a-t-e sharpening!  You can find Rimmel at Target.

I also use MAC's Fluidline liquid liner, but I'll save that for another day.  Okay, ladies.  Give it up.  Let me know what makes your eyes bright and beautiful!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment