"They had style, they had grace, Rita Hayworth gave good face"

Effortlessly polished, put together, glossy and fresh faced. How to give "good face" when you don't feel like it, want to or have time to!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's good to be SURLY!


I never, ever pay full price for anything I wear or carry. Well, okay, that's 95% true. I'll give myself a pass to indulge if:
A. I will get super pissed off if I pass on the object of my desire and it's gone forever the next day.
B. The piece of clothing/accessory/shoes, whatever can not be found anywhere in America.

The truth is I like nice things that you can't find anywhere else. I think we can all relate. I'm not talking about basics. I'm talking about those really special pieces that make people stop in their tracks. So imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this little boutique! I was in LA...and I wanted to check out the stretch of shopping along Robertson Boulevard. Kitson, The Ivy - they're starlet haunts and paparazzi hangouts. Surly Girl Studios, across the street from the Ivy, specializes in these totally HAWT clutches, purses and accessories. It Girls, A-List actresses, pretty much every major chick in Hollywood carries their stuff.

Check out www.shopsurlygirl.com You can "shop by celebrity" and buy the same hobo or tote that Cameron Diaz carries. Or the patent day bag seen on "Gossip Girl". The founder and owner, Alison Muh was there when I was shopping and totally helped me out. It didn't matter that I wasn't famous, she was super cool and treated me as warmly as some who spends a lot more money than I did! HERE'S THE SECRET. Surly Girl has great sales! I picked up the Gold Metropolitan Python Clutch, a tank top and headband for a fraction of the original price. I'd say more than half off. There's a Sale section on their website. And it's fabulous quality leather.

And I must admit. I'm a sucker for good marketing. I'm the poster child for that "target demo". Surly Girl. High End. High Maintenance. Or at least, I wanna be and now you can be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment